Source : Robin Hood
- 1 tbsp CRISCO® Canola Oil 15 mL
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, chopped 10 mL
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes, optional 1 mL
- 3/4 cup BEEMAID® Au Naturel Honey 175 mL
- 1/4 cup lemon juice 50 mL
- 1/4 cup soy sauce 50 mL
- 2 tbsp ketchup 30 mL
- 1 cup ROBIN HOOD® All Purpose Flour 250 mL
- 12 chicken wings, tips removed and cut in half 12
- 1/4 cup CRISCO® Canola Oil 50 mL
- Heat oil in small sauce pan. Add onion, garlic, ginger and chili flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook for 5 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Place flour in a large bowl or plastic bag. Toss wings in flour.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until golden brown. Do not worry about fully cooking chicken as it will bake in the oven.
- Place chicken and sauce in a 9” x 13” (3 L) baking dish. Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and chicken is cooked through.
Makes: 24 wings
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
Quick Tips and Tricks: This recipe can also be made with chicken breasts or thighs and serve with rice.
Last update : 1/15/2009